Saturday, February 27, 2010

Actual Converstaion

I was driving through a parking lot yesterday which I had never before frequented. I accidentally drove the wrong way into an exit. Honestly, aren't those things are more of a suggestion in parking lots than a rule? It's not like I'm going to get a ticket for it (insert eye roll).

As I drove my car into the exit I realized too late I was going the wrong way and to my credit the sign was tiny. I pulled into my parking spot I saw an old lady, who was going the right way, give me a dirty look as she backed her boat...er...I mean...car up to try to get into a different spot.


I again realized too late she was probably going for the parking space I just took. I knew the nice thing to do would be apologize, so I got out of my car and headed over to hers, but she beat me to it. She was already standing by my car looking supremely annoyed. Here's how our conversation went:

Old Lady: Do you realize you just the wrong way in an exit?

Me: Yes, I'm so sorry. I didn't realize it until it was too late and then when I saw your face I knew I took your parking spot. I'm so sorry!

Old Lady: Well you put me in a really tight spot. You just cut me off there (she was like 200 yards away and around a corner when I pulled into the spot she had her eye on).

Me: I'm really sorry. I had no idea that there was only one way to go, I've never been in this parking lot before.

Old Lady: Well at least you said you were sorry.

Me: I really am. I was actually just getting out to tell you I was.

Old Lady: Don't you feel like a complete IDIOT when you do things like that?

Me: He he, yeah (In my mind: Absolutely not you crazy old bat! You need to chill out and realize people make mistakes...sheesh!)

Sigh...Old people hate me...

3 comments:

Chela said...

Don't you just love it. You make me laugh. I can just see it.

Rebecca said...

Great car! I think my brother owned one like it! Just Red.

Patti said...

Laughing out loud (a rarity for me!)