Friday, November 2, 2007

Only in Southern California Can You...


Get the best Mongolian BBQ in the world...at the grungiest, most rat infested place ever...With waitresses who've worked there for over 30 years. Don't worry - no dog served at this place...California cracked down on that in the 80's.



Have 80 degree weather with light breezes on Christmas Day (OK maybe that happens in other places, but I've only had Christmas in two other locations, so give me a break!)






Have a Hollywood Screenwriters Strike that gets the news people saying things like "industry crippling" and "reruns" and "impact." I don't know how I feel about millionaires asking for more money and striking about it. Too bad the guild won't pay them $200 per week like the auto worker's union...cheapskates...Those writers will have to sit in their Hollywood mansions thinking about how they're going to pay their bills in 40 years when their money runs out.

There is a sad part to this...couch potatoes are going to have to get their butts of the couch and peek out the window. When it really gets bad, they're going to actually have to walk outside and exercise their muscles...hope they don't choke on the fresh air. Hey - at least we have youtube.


See a middle age, well dressed woman, standing at the end of a freeway off-ramp holding a sign that says "I need rent money."






Drive through certain parts of South Orange County where road-raged old men flip you off and land on their horn every time you exit a parking stall...it happened to me 3 times last week...I swear - old people hate me...except my daddy of course...







Drive south on Interstate 5 through Camp Pendleton and see a sign that essentially says
"Watch out for Mexicans."

20 comments:

Cecily R said...

Snort!

Have you never been to the scary/fantastic Mongolian BBQ place in Ogden? I don't know if it's still there because it's been so dang long, but their "chef" was this butt ugly dude with one eye who cooked your food with a machete the size of North Dakota. It was awesome!

Sorry I blasphemied you and your sushi ideals. I think it might be Bee's fault though. SHE'S the one who let it slip that you weren't a fan of the sush. I think. Maybe I dreamed it. It's entirely possible that I dreamed it.

Cecily R said...

It it dreamed or dreamt oh wise one with the red pen and a hankering to correct me?

Em-Cat said...

You know - that one I don't know. I'll give you "a molokai on this one" ...Name the movie...Come to think of it "I dreamed a dream in days gone by..." seems correct...so I'm going to go for "dreamed."

I'm not so sure why bee is saying that I don't like sushi - she's psycho. I'M ADDICTED TO THE STUFF...I do have an allergic reaction every time I eat soy - so that might be it...sushi isn't a good idea when that happens cause there's soy all over the place.

Melissa said...

No, not psycho, I know you are addicted to the stuff, but like you said, I also know you are allergic to soy. I think that's where the confusion came.

And yes, Cec, Lee's is still there. I LOVE that place! We'll have to go there for lunch, and go somewhere else when the soy-tard is here. Roosters? Hummus? Caramel Bread Pudding?

Cecily R said...

I must be seriously tired because the word soy-tard is freaking hilarious to me right now!

I'm so down for Lee's!

Melissa said...

P.S. Em, great post. Your writing still doesn't suck! My only complaint is that there isn't more of it (yes, I know you have a life), you ARE freakin' hilarious.

Em-Cat said...

I think I must be tired too..."Soy-Tard?" You know I meant "Psycho" in the most loving sense of the word...Thanks Lissers...I'll keep trying to write more.

Em-Cat said...

P.S. Mine and Robbie's mongolian BBQ place makes Lee's seem like a watered down Panda Express...I highly recommend you two making a trip down to So. Cal to try it.

Em-Cat said...

P.S.S...Robbie got kinda mad when he read that "Dog" comment about the mongo...He doesn't want you to think that they ever served dog there...He loves the place and wants it to be around for ever...I meant that California cracked down on Asians in general in the 80's for stealing people's pups and frying them up for a nice BBQ...I'll never understand that part of the Asian culture.

Cecily R said...

Have I ever told you that I love to flip Jon off when he's being obnoxious? No? Well I do.

naomi3 said...

We have a really good Mongolian BBQ in little Post Falls Idaho. It is cheap as well! Also I think Spokane has the most homeless people that I have ever seen. Every exit you take someone is looking for a hand out. I wish that I had a lot of money because I would give it to all of them.

Emily I need help with my blog! I need to call you sometime. Now that I have more time on my hands (the little man that I cared for passed away) and they don't have any more work for me right now, I need to get my blog looking better. I will call you!

johnnyanne said...

There's no fresh air in So. Cal. And California Rolls are not sushi.

Em-Cat said...

Things I forgot to mention in the blog...thanks for clearing them up!

Cecily R said...

Hello (echo, echo, echo). Are you there?

Are you off having a life again?

Em-Cat said...

No...I'm just having a bit of work stress and writers block...I'll think of something to write soon though. Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katie said...

Hi em-cat! This is katie - thanks for your comments on my blog! I love your blog! It rocks! I hope you're doing well in Cali!

Wilfjord said...

Emily. I have a hard time imagining any Mongolian BBQ that is more disturbing and delicious than Lee's. Also see my brand new blog here.

naomi3 said...

Emily! Where are you?
Miss not reading anything from you lately.

Kelly said...

Are you sure that person with the need money for rent sign wasn't a striking tv writer? LOL!

k8theriver said...

your lack of writing sucks