I don't know enough fellow bloggers to tag back, so I'm just going to tag as many as I know. Too bad...I'm sure some meteor will smash down on me for breaking the rules of this tag, but hey - I'm taking my chances.
Ok, ok...so stuff about me...let's see:
- After an amazing concert filled with middle-aged lunatics, I followed Neil Diamond to his hotel in downtown SLC. We weren't sure we had the right place until we saw the bell boys running around outside and the security guards getting everything ready at the elevators. A big bus arrived outside and one by one Neil's band filed out...And then I saw him...he had a hat on (the one that paper boys used to wear in the 1920's), big dark sunglasses (even though it was 10 at night) and he was smoking a big old stogy. My friend and I (who was also 21 at the time) started jumping up and down and crying and yelling "Neil! Neil! I LOVE YOU!!!". He couldn't keep his eyes off us (probably because we were the only women there under the age of 45) and pointed at us and said in his smoker, sexy raspy sort of way,"I love you too babe" and blew us a little kiss. The only thing that made it better was that the security guard that shielded us from Neil kept saying that he was going to "escort" us out if we got any closer...OH...and I ran into his bongo drummer after the hubub died down and he obliged me with a hug.
- I can do a cartwheel in a skirt without showing much skin...I learned that in Uruguay. Imagine an Uruguayo peering out his/her window and seeing this crazy gringa missionary doing cartwheels in a skirt...No wonder no one wanted to listen to me...
- I once dated the Utah State Yo-Yo Champion...a very black spot in my dating career.
- I can do excellent impressions of an Indian call, a gorilla call, a monkey call and my mother...not that she sounds like an Indian, gorilla or monkey.
- I used to clog when I was little and can still do the dance we did to "What A Feelin'" from Flashdance...though I think this version is much better than the one I danced to:
- I'm totally addicted to my husband...the poor guy can't use the bathroom without me poking my head in and saying "Whacha doin?" But isn't he so cute? It really makes me happy things didn't work out with the yo yo guy.
- I'm a daredevil - I've jumped off cliffs, traveled to Europe alone, water skied barefoot, I'll try any food or non food put in front of me - regardless of the color or smell...the one thing that freaks me out though is that moment before I get in front of an audience to sing...I become a mess and almost wet myself.
Shana, Sabrina, Katie and Catherine
Have fun girls...and just do it - there's no getting around these things.