Saturday, December 20, 2008

I Think I Married a Scrooge

Imagine if you will the following scenario...

Me: "I finished putting together the songs for our annual Christmas CD." (note: We give a CD to our friends and family every year instead of a Christmas Card...It's pretty sweet this year if I say so myself.)

My Dear Husband: "Oh that's nice. You do such a good job at that."

Me: "I really want you to listen to the songs. When we get home do you want to listen to it with me?"

MDH: "That's okay. I trust you. I think you did a good job last year."

Me: "Yeah, but don't you want to hear what I picked?"

MDH: "No, I trust you."

Me: "Yeah, but I'd like to see what you think since it's from you just as much as it is from me. Besides you vetoed some songs I picked last year"

MDH: "Well, I know you better than I did last year and I know your picks will be just fine."

Me: "Well how 'bout I make you a copy of the CD and you can listen to it while you're out running errands this afternoon?"

MDH: "Mmmmm....nah...that's okay."

Me: "What? Why not?"

MDH: "I don't really like to listen to that much Christmas music."

Me: "What the...?"

MDH: "Yeah, it's just a little too much cheerfulness for me..."

Me: "Holy crap I married a Scrooge!"

MDH: "NO! I'm just saving myself for Wednesday and Thursday..."

Me: "Whatever...you're a Scrooge..."

11 comments:

k8theriver said...

i used to HATE Christmas music. now i can tolerate it. somewhat. its not the cheerfulness. it is the annoyingness.

Em-Cat said...

Wow! You should've married my husband.

Evaly said...

so funny :) I love the CD, by the way, and I can always use some extra cheer- thanks!

caribickley said...

I am with you Em - you can never listen to too much Christmas music. It sets the entire mood of the season for me. I listen from Thanksgiving weekend to new years day. I wait with great anticipation each year to put in the first cd. Here's to us!!! PS I would listen to your cd!!

TheDooleys4 said...

Maybe it's a guy thing....Keith hates it when I crank the x-mas tunes before December. But, I can't help it.

Melissa said...

I LOVE your Christmas CD!

Stephanie said...

I like Christmas music too but since I am not really a listener of music and I forget to turn it on until it's too late and then I just want to veg on the couch and watch tv. Thanks for the CD, that is a nice Christmas card.

naomi3 said...

I think it is definitely a guy thing, although Garrett loves Christmas music. Transibian is what he likes. As for me I haven't had the time this year to even think about turning it on. I'm going to have to get my Christmas ready in the summer before the fall semester so I can enjoy it a bit more. This year I'm a bit of a bah humbug.

Rebecca said...

some day he will come around...I am sure of it!

Sarah said...

I'd listen to it if you sent me one.

naomi3 said...

Hey girlie!

Thanks for sending me a CD! I love it! It is a great idea to send those instead of cards.