Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I think bed-rest has made me extremely UN-funny...

I used to joke with my dad that when he had open-heart surgery they took his sense of humor out and forgot to put it back in...seriously the man tells THE DUMBEST jokes on the planet and I swear he's the only one who thinks they're funny. I think the rest of us only laugh because his jokes were so NOT-funny yet he laughs pretty hard at them.

I'm looking at myself in the mirror (figuratively) and I find that I no longer have anything funny or witty to write on this blog-o-mine. It could be because I spend hours/days/weeks/months years/decades/millenia in this little box decorated with Christmas everywhere and very rarely get to go outside. All the while wondering if the goofy Em-Cat of yester-year will ever return or if the sense of humor fairy will completely revoke my crazy-self once the kid shoots out and replace it with sentimental mommy-ness.

I guess we'll just have to see. In the mean time, continue to enjoy the sentimental CRAP I give you, because seriously folks - it's all I have to work with!

4 comments:

TheDooleys4 said...

Hey, I love the sentimental Em too. I love every side! Keep your chin up buckaroo. Grown up life makes everyone a little more serious I think.

Em-Cat said...

OOOOHHH! Maybe that's it! I'm becoming a grown-up!

Melissa said...

I hope you get your sense of humor back too...I miss it!

naomi3 said...

lol! You still make me laugh Em. Kids have a way of changing all of us. Not sure why, maybe we do have to grow up! You become a bit more serious, but kids also keep us young. However I'm not feeling so young today. My body aches from shoveling! Enjoy your warm weather, and take a look at my blog again. Snow pictures! The one that Garrett took is pretty. I could do with a little less pretty though. 30 inches, and more coming tomorrow! YIKES!