Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Writers Block - RandEM-CAT Style

**SIGH**I've been sitting here for 5 minutes staring at my blank slate wondering if I could pull anything interesting out of my hat of thoughts. So I'm going to give you a few RandEM-CATs without really knowing what I'm going to say before hand. Please be patient as I try to pull thoughts out of my you-know-what and don't be surprised if the writing really DOES suck.

I THINK MY MIND HAS BEEN LOST FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW


My offspring turned ONE last week. O-N-E people. I don't know where the time went. No seriously - where did it go? What year is it? How old am I? I wonder when Robbie and I will have our first kiss...oh wait...that already happened!

So much has happened this year and I'm begining to realize that I may never get my brain back. Srsly - I have become so forgetful that I'm currently having a hard time remembering my husband's middle name. I can't tell you how many things I forgot to take on my business trip last week. And don't even get me started on what my baby had to wear to bed tonight because I forgot to pack jammies.

It is truly a miracle I haven't left the little tyke at the park because I forgot I had given birth to him. I think I haven't left him anywhere because the one thing I DO remember is the nightmarish pregnancy I endured for 9+ months and the incredibly insane labor and delivery. I have a little 20lb screaming, crazy, babbling CONSTANT REMINDER who follows me around trying to climb up and down my legs, pulling my hair (leg and head) and whatever else he can get his hands on. And the funny thing is...I feel incredibly blessed and lucky to be this little man's mommy. Even if it means that I've contracted Alzheimers during the past year.

The sacrifices we make...

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS OR ELSE (BUT REALLY - I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT)
So I spent two entire days last week listening to reasons why I suck as a salesman. Is it just me or can you get more out of people by speaking positively to them and pointing out their good traits than by telling them how dissappointed you are in them and that if they don't change their act they might just end up out in the cold without their proverbial shirt to keep them warm? Just wondering...

POWER NAPS ROCK!
Last night I had a little insomnia. Funny how that happens more now that I'm a mother. I know - this is only the begining. I'm sure I won't sleep well for the next 25 years or so. I woke up at 1:30am and didn't get back to bed until 3. Needless to say I was a bit tired today. After I met with hubby and the offspring for lunch I found myself sitting in the parking lot outside of an account taking a power nap. It was only 15 minutes, but it was probably the most HEA-VEN-LY 15 minutes of my day. I wonder if I could turn my car into a bed on wheels for naps during the day...hmmm... I think I'll bring my woobie along with me tomorrow.




1 comment:

Haley said...

I hear ya, Em. I am always looking in the back seat when I first get in the car to make sure I have both kids with me. I am afraid I'll forget to put one in and leave her on the sidewalk! :( I have no brain, either. I teach primary (8-10 kiddos plus one baby in the class) and I get up there and my mind goes blank. All I can think about is when my baby ate last. I'm sure it will get better. You are a great mom and happy birthday to your kiddo!