Thursday, October 30, 2008

I never respond to tags...

...but for this one I decided "What the heck!? I'm on bed rest - I have nothing better to do...Well, I guess I could be working and calling my accounts - but who wants to do that?"
This is the 4th picture in one of my picture folders. I may seem the essence of cool and class - especially to those of you who have known me for less than 4 years, but don't be fooled by the facade...deep down inside I'm as white trash as they come. I think it stems from all of the fake cowboys I was exposed to in high school. In public, I turned up my nose at them, but at night when no one was around, I would secretly cry myself to sleep wishing I could pull off wearing cowboy hats, pink wranglers that made my butt look 5 times bigger than it really was and lime green cowboy boots. Since that was out of the question, I turned to grungy flannel shirts, baggy jeans and being in love with Larry Mullen Jr. (U2's Drummer)...*sigh*
Anyhoo...back to the picture. When Robbie and I had the opportunity to go to a Monster Truck Jam, I jumped at the chance. He went straight to work making the perfect white trash T-Shirts (his said "Who Needs a woman? Marry your Monster Truck!" mine had like 20 pictures of Britney Spears and said "Mess with me, and you mess with the whole trailer park"). He made sure to grow himself a handle bar mustache and I went to my own personal make-up bag and pulled out my fake eyelashes, powder blue eyeshadow and pink frosted lipgloss...ya...I didn't even need to shop for that stuff...I told you I was white trash deep down inside.
If we had been in Utah, no one would have given us a second look, because everyone who goes to a Monster Truck Rally dresses like that every day. In California, it was a different story...I've never been stared at so much in my life! That was a great night! It's been too long since I've been to a Monster Truck Jam. As soon as this bed rest thing is over, I'm DEFINITELY going to treat myself!
I'm not going to tag anyone...but if you really want to do this tag, be my guest!

4 comments:

TheDooleys4 said...

I am fortunate enough to already know the white trash side of you!(Remember "the bed" and Cart bombing) Love the picture! Hope you are hangin in there Em. Love ya.

Cecily R said...

Our neighbors have a pink toilet with a wooden seat in their yard. SOmething tells me they would buy your Briney t-shirt off e-bay in a heart beat!!

caribickley said...

I LOVE IT!! Thanks for playing - this one was fun. (By the way - "gew look mawvolus" in the photo) I too have a hidden desire to be a cowgirl. Yipee Ky A
LOVE YA - hope you are feeling well.

Rebecca said...

Good to know...Good to know...
Hey maybe I could come visit you next week. How far are you from Oceanside?
Let me know!