Thursday, April 10, 2008

She Really Doesn't Have Cancer...



The woman in this video is Cari...My cousin. She doesn't have cancer, but has a disorder called Alopecia Ariata which is "highly unpredictable, autoimmune skin disease resulting in the loss of hair on the scalp and elsewhere on the body." It's not life threatening, she just doesn't have hair. I'm super jealous, because she doesn't have to shave her legs every day like I do...sigh. The funny/sad thing about this commercial, however, is the fact that she received sympathy cards and phone calls from people in her community thinking she had a brain tumor. The good news is that I'm famous by association! (oh...and that she doesn't really have cancer)

9 comments:

k8theriver said...

she's really pretty. i have a cousin with that. i learned the name when i was about ten and have always loved to say it. i met a boy in college that had it and he was very impressed when i busted it out. i wanted to marry him because i hate loose hair.

Em-Cat said...

Tell me about it...I'd shave my head if I looked that good bald...Alopecia...Alopecia...Alopecia... You're right. It is fun to say.

Evaly said...

If only I had that beautiful of a face! Darn my round face, I have to hide behind my hair :)

naomi3 said...

Emily, how did you get the
commercial? When I first saw it, I was shocked because I had no idea that she was going to do that. I think it is funny that she got cards in the mail.
It was great to see you this week. Have fun in Mexico!
love you

TheDooleys4 said...

Gosh shes beautiful! What an inspiration she must be to you all.
Rach

Em-Cat said...

Naomi...Sarah found the video on YouTube...Oh and PS...we're in Puerto Rico not Mexico, but if you ask Melissa we're in Puerto Rico, Mexico.

Rach...She is gorgeous isn't she? and Yes, she is an inspiration to the entire family. We're lucky to have a cousin like Cari Lou.

Melissa said...

Well, isn't it all Mexico?

Ron's Bio said...

I found it on Youtube, and as well, and copied yours and put it on my blog as well. I figured that we have different circles of friends and viewers. However, I don't think my blog gets many viewers. I need to update it! See ya
P.S. Puerto Rico, Mexico whats the diff?

naomi3 said...

Em,
I wrote that comment that came up under Troy. Ron signed up under his old boss so he can't seem to get rid of if. It was really me!
Enjoy MEXICO! :)