Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Expelled



If you love agency, freedom and light - you NEED to see this movie. We saw it tonight. Anyone who believes in a higher power who created light and life would do well to see what "conventional scientists" think of us. It's shocking to know that Atheist/Darwinist/Scientists believe that those of us who know that a loving Father created us and life as we know it, think we are "unintelligent" and "ignorant" due to our belief in a creator.

I'm always amazed that ideas that have been around since the the 19th century seem to trump something that has been around since the dawn of time. For instance, natural remedies have been around centuries, but our society calls drugs that were discovered in the late 1800's/early 1900's "Conventional Remedies." Darwin published his THEORY during the 19th century. Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists etc. have believed in a higher intelligence (AKA a Creator) for thousands of years, and Darwin's Theory is supposed to trump Intelligent Design? Insanity!!!!

The movie "Expelled" makes me want to be a greater example of God's plan and a fierce defendant of freedom, truth and light.

10 comments:

TheDooleys4 said...

Wow, I can't wait to see it. This makes me so grateful for the religious scientists in my life. My Microbioligist husband and my Rocket Scientist Father. I will never forget the lesson my dad taught me years ago about balancing intelect with faith. The night before the Challenger Shuttle disaster, my Father did not come home from work. He and about a dozen of his collegues spent the night on the phone with Nasa trying to convince them something was wrong and if the launch occured disaster would follow. They obviously failed in their attempt. He later told me that the biggest mistake they made that night is that they spent the night trying to prove it through Science and Mathematics. He said in retrospect he deeply regrets not falling to his knees and praying to his creator for divine guidance. He learned that night, relying on intellect alone is a very dangerous choice to make. I have never forgotten that as I've had to face decisions in my life. Never forget to pray!
Rachel

Em-Cat said...

Well said Rach...I had no idea your dad was a rocket scientist. I really think this documentary brings to light a lot about where our society is heading due to the fact that we're taking God out every aspect of it.

naomi3 said...

So how do we get the missionaries to these guys? :)

Shana said...

I really think you need to start a blog about you and Rob.... I want to see what you are up to and what not. Call me!

Sabby said...

I agree with Shana, I want to hear about your latest adventures! We need to caught up!

Em-Cat said...

Sorry girls...it ain't that kind of blog. I'm doing this for writing purposes only. Besides - I have a hard time keeping up on this blog, so if I had a different one that had all my personal stats...well - you'd never hear from me. I'd be too overwhelmed. Maybe when I stay at home with the kiddos...we'll see!

TheDooleys4 said...

Kiddos? Do you have some news for us Em?

Stacie A said...

Hey, it's Stacie from Cali. I just wanted to say Hi and I enjoyed reading your blog. What are you up to these days? I just recently started a blog as well... www.wooterswaters.blogspot.com. It would be great to hear from you. I hope you are doing well. :)

Em-Cat said...

Uh...no news. Just having fun practicing!!! :-)

TheDooleys4 said...

Good Answer Em! Sorry couldn't resist.