Tuesday, July 21, 2009

You know You Love It

...but I totally don't.

I've decided to come out of the closet and let a few things off my chest. I've tried to conform and just go with the flow, but I can't live a lie any longer. No I'm not a lesbian, there are just a few things I can't stand that the rest of the world loves. I gotta be me, I just gotta be me...

Thanks Busy Bee for the idea!

1. Dr. Pepper - What is it with Dr. Pepper. Ugh - this stuff is DIS-GUST-ING!
2. Phantom of the Opera - Do you remember when "Phantom" was all the rage? Yeah - I hated it back then too.
3. Scrapbooking - I know y'all are going to hate me for this, but I can't stand scrapbooking. I think it would be cool if I had the patience to sit down and cut out cute little pieces of paper and arrange them on a page with a photo or two. But, what I don't get is why you would want to put like one photo on a page that could hold like six. Even now - I'm just baffled.


4. Twilight - Okay,to be fair, I haven't cracked the book, but I have seen the movie and I don't get the hype. It was an extremely UN-remarkable movie and I have no desire to read the books. Yeah - don't hate me.


5. "I'm saying a prayer for you and you should send this to 10 people or you'll have bad luck for 7 years" e-mails - I know I'm not the only one who hates "those" kinds of forwards. But my question is this, why do you still send them?


6. Blog Music - Can I just say that I hate, hate, hate music on blogs? No? Well I just did. It just gets in the way when I'm listening to my own music, I click on a blog and someone's blog music interferes with - well - everything! I'm so glad you like your music, but I don't want to have to listen to George Straight or the Jonas Brothers every time I click on your blog. Sorry - I just don't.


7. And last but not least - FACEBOOK - All I have to say is this...Stop inviting me to join - it's never going to happen.

Now it's your turn...What is it that you can't stand that the rest of the world loves?

13 comments:

TheDooleys4 said...

I cannot stand Ice! Especially the sound of crunching, cracking, breaking ice. It gives me chills up and down my spine. I will even avoid opening the freezer if I can.
If I go skiing I have to wear ear plugs because of the sound of the skis on the snow.

Em-Cat said...

That's hilarious Rachel. Earplugs while your skiing huh? Crazy!

Heather and Kevin said...

Wow Emily I had no idea how opposite we are....I guess we can't be friends anymore :( Seriously though...you listed several things that I love. I will agree that the twilight movie wasn't that great, BUT i was a huge fan of the books, sometimes I just need a Dr. Pepper every once in a while, you know how I feel about scrapbooking, and well facebook..I think you are protesting for protesting sake...you have no idea what your missing!!!

Em-Cat said...

Heather - I think I like you because you aren't like me. I've really, really tried to like scrapbooking...but I just can't live the lie any more :-)

Michael said...

Hey Emily, I think you should join Facebook!! It is awesome!

OK, i was anti-facebook, but i hear it isn't cool anymore, so I decided it was time to join. Actually I got tricked by some friends into it....don't do it, it is a trap!!

Rebecca said...

Very interesting. I believe I was introduced to Phantom of the Opera at the Seamon's residence.
Oh, and I am sending you an invite to facebook. Or I can do what I did for my hubs....set one up for you and have you check it every six months of so.

Hey, coming to SCal next month. Wanna come meet me in San Diego?

Shana said...

Oh Em, so naive. Just teasing. Hate scrapbooking and those emails. I have to admit, I was so opposed to facebook as well, but really wanted to find an old roomie who joined the church when she lived with me, so I decided to take the plunge. It's amazing how many people have found me. Granted, there are things I don't like about it, but I had an old friend from Elementary find me. It was the coolest thing because I felt loved. Not only that, she ended up joining the church in college (she was Catholic) and I would of never known that. So, it's got it's good things, but it can be annoying as well.
I CAN'T STAND people who are smoking around their children. It should be considered child abuse!

Melissa said...

Yeah, Rebecca, you were introduced to the fact that Phantom of the Opera SUCKS!

Other than the fact that I'm on Crackbook...I mean Facebook, I agree with you completely Em.

naomi3 said...

Well I love D P, love scrap-booking, (wish I had time) I hate the email thing as well, but phantom twilight love them all. Guess you will have to love me despite that I love it all. Try D P on pork in the crock pot then serve it with black beans, cilantro, salsa, tomatoes lettuce rice on a flour tortilla YUM!
I hate it when people are late! Annoys the hell out of me.
Sushi! ICK!
Reality shows.

Other than that, I like just about everything.
Good for you to stick to your guns about facebook. Although I have to check 2 areas now. Annoying! lol

k8theriver said...

soda--don't drink it but rate dp one of the better caffeinated ones. HATE all diet soda. gross.
scrapbooking--i just happened to scrapbook for the first time in a year. 12 pictures on one page-thank-you-very-much. hate one photo on a 12x12 page. what a waste.
twilight movie sucked.
i really can't believe you said you hated blog music. i've only dreamed of being so brave.
fb. it really isn't a big deal. i just snoop around profiles and hope not to get caught in a chat. but you can always just ignore that and pretend you aren't really there. there are many levels of fb involvement. my favorite is when people's status up-dates are all about how healthy/happy/productive they are. "just went to yoga and spin. now i'm taking the kids to the park--life is great!" if you joined you could find more things to hate.

Haley said...

I'm so glad someone else doesn't like Twilight! I was beginning to think I was the only one. Facebook bugs me too, but I'm still a member. I don't like scrapbooking either. I don't like baby spit right now. I feel so sad when they spit up :)

InkMom said...

I'm only commenting to tell you how

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTICALLY AMAZING

the U2 concert was night before last.

Really.

You're gonna love it.

Elisa said...

Oh my gosh! I think we are long lost twins!

Dr. Pee is too sweet. Phantom of the Cheese-ball is what I like to call it. Scrapbooking make me feel like a bad mother. (although, sadly I am going over to the digi dark-side)Twilight is dumb with a capital D. I loathe spam and want to send it all to the people who have their blog music on automatic play. Scares the crap out of me when it starts blaring in the middle of the night. Sadly, I AM a Facebook junkie.

And, that's the end of my comment hi-jack.