Over the past month I've had comments like:
- "I can't believe your ankles are so swollen already!"
- "You'd better take that wedding ring off before you have to cut it off!" - Too Late! Robbie and I had to cut it off last night.
- "Let me guess, you're about 7 months along." When I told him I was 3 and 1/2 months he replied..."Whoa! That baby's going to be huge!"
- "You look just like someone I know and when you walked into the store I thought 'Maybe she just gained some weight or something.'"
- "I don't know how to lose weight...I always had a problem with it...when I was young I looked as big as you."
Here's the reality: I LOVE my baby and am truly excited to be a mother, HOWEVER, I can't say that I LOVE being pregnant. In fact - being pregnant really SUCKS! When most women either don't have morning sickness or they get over it by the end of their 1st trimester, I happen to be well into my 17th week and still HORK (aka BARF) AT LEAST every 2 days or so. I figure I'm going to be one of those women who will be barfing until the day they deliver. Everything on my body is puffy...I'm just waiting for the gums in my mouth to begin retaining water. Energy went down the toilet at about week 4 for me and it seems like I'm always going to feel like I'm going through menopause - hot flashes are a daily occurrence.
Top all of that off with a horrible kidney infection/kidney stones at the beginning of July, a visit to the emergency room and a 4 day hospital stay...and you get someone who really has no desire to post pictures of herself and even update her blog in over a month.
I hate to be such a downer and I'm so sorry you, my blogging friends, had to read a complaining post, but I thought I'd better explain myself a little. Please know that many photos and updates are coming. I plan to document my hospital stay, kidney problems and all that has happened over the last month as soon as I feel the energy to do so. Just remember though, this blog is meant to be a WRITING blog - not a HERESWHATSHAPPENINGINMYLIFE blog - so expect essays...not a ton of photos. Eventually - when the baby is born - we'll have a Family Blog and you'll be able to see photos to your hearts content. Until then, you have to withstand my sucky writing!