Monday, February 4, 2008

Song

The lights begin to slowly fade away.
The excitement in the room becomes palpable.
All eyes move, one by one, to the head of the arena...
The drums begin their low rhythmic beat
bum, bum, bum, bum
Seconds seem like an eternity
My heart slowly begins the same rhythm
bum, bum, bum, bum

Suddenly, the bass begins its low melody,

Causing the blood to rush through my veins

Like a dam spilling into an empty ravine.

Softly, the guitar, glides into the river of my soul
Like a bird on the breeze.
I begin to escape
From reality and the repression of a monotonous day.
I soar through the air with the cool breeze gently tickling my face.
Finally, a voice...
A voice to give meaning to all the feelings
That have so long awaited to escape the recesses of my heart.
The voice that unites every hair, every cell, every molecule into one.I look around to see others surrounding me
And one by one, at different moments, I can almost see their transformation,
Feel their worries and cares melt into a sea of rhythm and symphony.

As we individually focus on this orchestra of the soul,
We begin to become one great organism.
Our hearts beat with the rhythm of the drums,
The sound of the bass,
The ease and flow of the guitar
And the uniting grace of the voice.
It is at this moment when I truly understand the phrase
"We're One, But We're Not the Same."
Can you tell I saw U23D tonight? U2 just does something to me. If you haven't already seen it, go...it's totally worth it.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

All I can say is AMEN!

Anonymous said...

Oh man! I am so jealous! I will find a babysitter and I will go, oh yes, I will!

Em-Cat said...

It's seriously like being at the real concert Rach...you won't be disappointed.