Friday, September 28, 2007

Inspiration

Ahhhh...Robbie is so HANDSOME!

I drive everywhere...well, all over Southern California. That's what I do, it's part of my job description. I can't say I do it well. A $300 traffic violation and 8 hours in traffic school are teaching me that it isn't worth it to drive over 90 on the freeways of Southern California (drive anywhere below 89 and you're home free...the cops just ignore you). Anyhoo...focus Emily...focus...

So I was driving the stretch of the 5 freeway through Camp Pendleton (So. Cal's marine base) and I started thinking, "I wish I were more creative...I used to be...I was such a good writer in college...HEY BUDDY - WATCH WHERE YOU'RE DRIVING...Idiot cut me off...I wish I could think of something to write about..." DUM DUM DUM (Drum Roll) - and that's when inspiration struck. I knew I needed to write something about my maternal grandmother - then I swerved passed another crazy lunatic. Why don't people drive as well as I do?

Grandma had such an amazing life. I called my mom later on in the day to run the idea by her and she said "You need to be more careful on those Southern California freeways." No wait that's what she says every other time I call her. She actually said, "Yeah, grandma did have an amazing life. You'd be surprised how interesting your own life is if you sat down to write about it."

So there you go. I'm dedicating this blog to my failing creativity. I've got to find my inner creative child. I've got to have an outlet to post all my crazy ideas and mind wanderings. One day my creativity will flourish and I'll be an amazing writer who has so much money she's richer than the queen of England...wait, isn't that the Harry Potter lady?

Please tell me what you think...I'll be praying, hoping, waiting with baited breath to read your ideas and get your feedback as to how I can bring this dream of becoming a writer to fruition.

Happy Blogging...

14 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, that's pink! YEAY I'm so glad that you are blogging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And, no, so far your writing doesn't suck.

Melissa said...

P.S. Great photo by the way...who took that? ...I like to ellipse too.

MysteryWoman said...

Love the writing!....think its hillarious that you open with how handsome Robbie is....but the picture is of you! :) tee hee

Em-Cat said...

Well...I can't help it. My husband's a fox even if the picture is only of the side of his head. Not so sure about the pink. We'll have to try a few other things out before we settle on something. I'M A BLOGGER!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, another Star on your list of credits. Well done. Poor Rob, he has to take second place in the picture. Do you always upstage the people you love??? You're a blogger!

Em-Cat said...

Thanks Daddy! I know you're telling the truth because you've always had to edit my writing and you don't say things just cause you're my dad. You're the best!

Anonymous said...

What happened to the pink? I actually did like it (yes, I'm comfortable with my feminine side). Ya your writing is ok but you should check out this spreadsheet I built the other day. No seriously, I enjoyed reading, but it didn't make me LOL, more like LQTM (Laugh quietly to myself) which is still really good. I've never even been on a blog site. Are you aloud to use IM speak?

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Yes, that was my deleted comment...sorry. I like the green, but (I never thought I'd say this) I miss the pink.

k8theriver said...

hey, thanks for the invite.
its a good idea. practice makes perfect. i think i wrote pretty creative letters on the mission. i figured it was because i wrote so many but maybe its because there were so few creative outlets. whatever. just practice as much as you can now--it might not be as easy once you have kids.
p.s. i never knew you wanted to be a writer.

Em-Cat said...

I never really wanted to be a writer perse, but I was always pretty good at it...now it seems to fit. Thanks for dropping in k8. I'll try to keep the creative juices flowing.

Anonymous said...

Chuck says don't wait with Baited Breath. Bait Stinks. P.U.!!!! You are a crack up and we love you!! It's awesome!! Keep up the writing! Also, way to keep up the positive mojo with your blog spot name. The name helped me to be completely unbiased about your writing skills.

Shane said...

Well done Emily! It's great to experience your personality again through the great writing. It's been too long, so I'm glad you've started blogging. The only advice from me right now is, "Please post more!"

Em-Cat said...

P.S. K8...You were my inspiration to get funny & creative with my writing. Your letters were (are) hilarious.