Saturday, April 4, 2009

April Fools


At about 4pm on April 1st I realized I hadn't done anything to FOOL Robbie. I come from a long line of April Foolers so I knew I had to do something. I was 97 1/2% sure I wasn't preggers, but in a pinch it was all I had to work with. I had a pregnancy exam and decided to take it into the bathroom and pee on it, you know, to make it LOOK real. The test of course came out negative. I put the most distraught look on my face that I could muster and walked into the living room where Robbie was sitting. Here's how it went:

Me: "Robbie..."

Robbie looks up from what he's doing and his eyes get super wide when he sees what I'm holding.

Me: "...um...I thought I'd be funny and take this test and...um..."

Robbie: His eyes get even wider and says..."NO WAY!"

Me: (Jumping up and down) "HA HA HA APRIL FOOLS!!!"

I knew I should have drawn it out a little more, but I can't keep a straight face for that long. The look on his face was absolutely priceless.

I called my parents and tried it on them, but they know me WAY too well and it took about a nanosecond for my mom to figure it out.

Of course I had to post it on my blog, because if my husband was naive enough to believe me, I just KNEW I could fool all of you...Whatev...the first two responses were:

Rach: "I'm on to you girl. APRIL FOOLS!!!"

K8: "nice try"

I find it UN-surprising that the first two who WEREN'T fooled had small children. I think April Fools Day is definitely for small children and parents who have said children are always playing and being played on April Fools Day.

It was quite funny to get a call the next day from my friend Stephanie who figured it out just before I said "hello." I thought it even more funny that my brother was fooled, because he grew up in the same household I did.

Okay - now put this out of your mind while I think of a way to get you next year...MMMMMMWWWWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

3 comments:

k8theriver said...

yeah, sorry. pregnancy is just the go-to joke for women. it is expected.
my girls love april fools. dan wanted me to tell chloe that it was dress-up-crazy day at school. instead he just filled their backpacks with toilet paper.

TheDooleys4 said...

We went Christmas Caroling this year for April Fools....My kids thought it was hilarious!

Grégoire said...

cruel, all too cruel...